Director, Customer Retention
Back in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the very first online underwear subscription service. Since then, the LA-based DTC company has inspired a passionate (some might say obsessed) community with its super-soft Undies and Loungewear that Buzzfeed describes as “actual heaven against your skin.”
Fast forward to today, and MeUndies has sold more than ten million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. The company has redefined the transactional subscription model with a more community-focused, Membership approach—putting an emphasis on long-lasting Member relationships through special perks.
With its continued innovation, MeUndies has managed to stay ahead of the curve and offers multiple purchase options (singles, packs, matching pairs, & membership). It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
MeUndies is currently looking for a Director of Customer Retention. This person will drive strategy and execution around engaging our customer base to drive repeat sales and loyalty. We’re looking for folks passionate about lifecycle marketing, a willingness to geek out when it comes to consumer e-commerce behavior and the drive to leave no retention rock unturned. A successful candidate will be a results-driven CRM expert, who can not only hit the ground running with high-growth strategies, but is also willing to roll up their sleeves to support building the team’s underlying capabilities and operationalize short-term tests and campaigns.
This position will report to the CEO.
- Define retention marketing vision as well as strategies to drive channel growth, innovation and improved automation
- Optimize existing email program to drive customer revenue, engagement and lifetime value as well as reinforce our brand positioning
- Be responsible for leading all CRM retention marketing efforts and increasing engagement and loyalty with new and existing customers
- Develop and execute email and direct mail marketing strategies and communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, and triggered campaigns to drive growth and winback
- Assess current ESP / CRM platforms and make appropriate recommendations to continually optimize and improve
- Work closely with the Engineering & Digital Product teams to assess and implement the most appropriate technology (whether external or internal) to support retention/CRM strategy
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to grow our membership program, drive LTV, and reduce churns/skips
- Collaborate with the Creative team to develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers and optimize content/messaging accordingly
- Work closely with Consumer Insights, Finance, and Merchandising teams to analyze and assess efficacy of initiatives and how they are supporting larger organizational goals
- Constantly stay informed with best in class retention practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email deliverability, send frequency, subject line best practices and best-in- class creative approaches to refine and improve all email KPI’s
- 6+ years of successful, diverse and progressive ecommerce/online marketing experience
- Minimum 4 years of direct CRM experience, managing and executing email programs for consumer products with a major e-commerce brand/company. Big plus if you have experience with recurring revenue or subscription service companies
- Email Service Provider or CRM platform (E.g. Responsys, Adobe Campaign, Cordial)
- Experience managing a team of Managers, Associates, and Coordinators
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics
- Experience with A/B and more complex communication testing required
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing marketing plans
- Strong Excel and data modeling skills
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.