Director, Corporate Communications
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
We are looking for a top-notch communicator to join Grindr as our first Director, Corporate Communications. You will act as Grindr’s official spokesperson in all external communication. You will lead our public relations activity and media outreach to elevate our family of brands.
- Develop and execute strategic media relations plans which include media events, interviews, press materials and crisis communications management
- Provide communications counsel to the executives at Grindr and bring forward proactive communications strategies to enhance the company's brand with the customers and public
- Act as the “representative” in communication at any industry event
- Edit media releases and web content produced by employees and our PR agency
- Identify communications opportunities and develop supporting programs, as well as integrate PR efforts to support marketing goals
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment on messaging
- Define and refine our core messaging to create consistency both internally and externally
- Create and share best communications practices that align with our values
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles
- 6+ years experience in public relations in an in-house or agency capacity
- Have experience managing global PR campaigns with a strong understanding of the mobile app space
- Build and maintain relationships within the LGBTQ media landscape
- Be impeccable in your verbal and written communication
- Strong knowledge and forward thinking on trends and pop culture
- Multi-language speaker a plus (Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese)
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.