At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Director of Communications to join our growing Research & Communications Team. This role will report to the Chief Communications Officer and will help shape, grow, and drive all internal and external communications. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing PR strategy on all consumer, business and research priorities, and internal communications.
- Develop and execute PR strategy on all consumer, business and research priorities.
- Act as a central point of contact between the GoodRx communications team and partner PR agency.
- Help secure media opportunities for research reports, product releases and company announcements.
- Work with the Research Team to develop proactive opportunities for reports and media collaborations.
- Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy.
- Manage and scale a growing communications program.
- Work closely with executive leadership team to advance GoodRx awareness and prepare C-level executives for high-profile interviews and speaking engagements.
- Build world-class messaging and positioning for key announcements and product launches tied to the company's mission and core businesses.
- Oversee press material development for all company or product announcements
- B.S. in Communications or related, advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years public relations, media relations, corporate communications experience (can be combined).
- 4+ years direct experience supervising individuals and managing teams.
- 4+ years project management experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization.
- A strategic thinker that applies a big picture view to all situations and opportunities.
- Experience working on PR/communications in a healthcare environment.
- Strong relationships with journalists and influencers are a plus.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description