Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
The Digital Media Planner / Buyer role is responsible for identifying the most suitable media platforms to advertise a brand, product or service and achieve the objectives of the marketing campaign. This includes newsletter inclusions, dedicated email sends, sponsored content, native ads, premium native placements, web push, social media, etc. This role will report to the Vice President of Media Sales.
What You'll Do:
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary
- Contact publishers for pricing and estimates
- Identify new sources of high quality and engaged readership that are contextually relevant to advertising clients
- Buy media in a cost-effective and sustainable manner
- Develop a measurement strategy that ties client marketing goals with paid media tactics
- Work across numerous campaign categories including, but not limited to: SaS, B2B, Lifestyle, Fintech, DTC, and more
- Ensures that campaign KPIs and objectives are met in both the short and long term
- Proactively plan in creative ways and seek out new media opportunities
- Cross-sell core StackCommerce commerce offering to StackMedia partners
- Maintain editorial calendar and work with the in-house content team to produce content for the StackMedia publisher network
- Collaborate with greater Publisher Development team to identify high priority prospects and identify strategies for closing new Publisher accounts
- Advanced analytics and media reporting
- Foster good working relationships with third-party media vendors
- Produce delivery projections based on media plan and performance on media campaign
- Prospect new media partners as our Advertiser catalog changes and adapts
What You'll Bring:
- 3-4 years of experience as a Media Planner/ Buyer
- Experience across multiple media channels, such as: Newsletter Sponsorships, Sponsored Content, Native Ads, Social Media (Facebook Ads Manager)
- Strong understanding of media planning fundamentals, including: targeting, channel strategies, and plan development
- Top-notch negotiation skills, specifically with publishers and brands
- Experience with SaaS and B2B advertising campaigns
- Strong existing relationships within the media space highly preferred
- Experience purchasing media on a performance basis
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the capacity to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience implementing advertising strategies and tracking performance and metrics
- In-depth understanding of Google Analytics, measuring website traffic and campaign results
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange information with co-workers, teammates, stakeholders, and other personnel, as required
- Experience working with numerous web-based and affiliate tracking solutions
- Bonus: A working knowledge of the media, e-commerce, and affiliate landscapes to articulate the key value propositions of StackMedia as it relates to media partners and advertisers
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Follow-Up Call: Chat with the Team Lead to get a broader picture of StackCommerce.
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 5-6 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Technical Interview: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem in real time. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our COO or CEO over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” Thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
- When We’re Back at the Office:
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. If you’re passionate about your work, we’d love to hear from you!