Content Marketing Specialist, Client Lifecycle
Greater LA Area
Are you an experienced Content Marketing Specialist, who has a passion for creating high-quality, B2B client-facing content? We’re looking for a strategic, creative, analytical marketer who is obsessed with writing and developing content that nurtures and supports clients. If this sounds like you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
ChowNow is the ordering platform dedicated to helping local restaurants grow and compete in a sustainable way. At ChowNow, we’re driven by one purpose: to help local restaurants thrive. By helping diners discover their delicious creations and helping restaurants connect with customers new and old.
ChowNow powers branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across the US — via restaurants’ own websites, on Facebook and Google pages, through ChowNow-created apps, and via ChowNow’s website— while also providing our restaurant partners key customer insights and marketing support.
This position is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
As our Content Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for managing a robust pipeline of content aligned with a restaurant client’s lifecycle on the ChowNow platform. Your focus will be on the strategic and hands-on development of automated outbound emails, whitepapers, case studies, webinars, and landing pages, that will nurture our live clients and leads to an increase in upsells and client engagement and a decrease in client churn. Note: This role is not responsible for creating content aimed at acquiring new customers.
As the Content Marketing Specialist - Client Lifecycle, you will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters and report to the Marketing Program Manager; No Direct Reports
Within 30 Days, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Gain an in-depth understanding of ChowNow’s current content landscape through a comprehensive content training and audit.
- Shadow members of the Restaurant Performance team to understand client pain points and the proactive/reactive tactics that lead to client success.
- Master the “ChowNow voice” by mapping out engaging content for live clients and identifying easy wins for optimizing current content and templates.
- Demonstrate your grasp of ChowNow’s brand style and voice by creating two new milestone emails that celebrate the success of our live clients.
- Work with the Design team to get the creative approved for 2 HTML coded client milestone emails.
Within 60 days, You'll...
- Prioritize a road map and content production calendar that identifies all possible communication touch points within a client’s life cycle.
- Work with the design team to rewrite and redesign the current email program that nurtures new restaurant clients in their first 90 days of launching.
- Develop 5 new milestone emails, gaining a deep understanding of our content creation process (copywriting, design submission and feedback, gated landing page, and distribution).
- Begin tracking the results of automated email programs.
Within 90 Days, You'll...
- Completely own the content calendar and automation schedule for live client communications from the Restaurant Success team and turn the content development process into a well-oiled machine.
- Own and update a library of upsell one sheets, case studies, and white papers that support and enable the Restaurant Success team’s interactions with live clients.
- Implement best practices in reporting and content optimization using Google Analytics for our digital content campaigns and click-to-purchase metrics on automated email programs.
- Contribute to an increase in ChowNow Marketing Store sales by 50%, through automated emails and other content marketing efforts.
- Contribute to a 50% increase in “booked consultations” between restaurant clients and their Restaurant Success Managers.
You Should Apply If:
- You have demonstrated success in B2B, client-facing content development and/or copywriting.
- You are an effective communicator to various audiences and have superlative grammar and proofreading skills.
- You are focused on results, are a self-starter, and have used content to motivate customers and clients along the post-live buyer’s journey.
- You are passionate about making a measurable impact on business growth through marketing.
- You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, specifically content deliverable timelines.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew & kombucha on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description