Client Marketing Manager at BlackLine
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the only cloud-based unified technology solution built specifically for accounting and finance teams. Our rapidly growing organization now has over 3,700 customers that trust us. That’s why we are expanding our Client Marketing team and looking for a Marketing Manager who can partner with our Enterprise Account Management teams. You will be responsible for supporting marketing strategy by creating campaigns to increase adoption, generate upsell opportunities, and ensure our customers are being served well.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Support the growing Mid-Market Account Management teams across North America. Collaborate weekly with RVP, and AMO Sales Managers to ensure alignment between client marketing campaign strategy and expansion sales strategies.
- Develop and maintain full lifecycle marketing programs including theme conceptualization, strategy development, content procurement, copywriting, scheduling, promotions, reporting, and evaluation. This can include webinars, live events, virtual events, direct mailers, digital, and ABM programs.
- Manage marketing programs with our department-wide internal project management software. Monitor tasks, proactively address projects at risk, and communicate clearly and consistently. Maintain strong program data hygiene.
- Develop and maintain a strong collaborative relationship with business partners which include, but are not limited to, Marketing Operations, Product Marketing, Events, Web, Product, and Creative.
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices. Use this data to evaluate current efforts, inform future campaigns, and make recommendations on how to adapt strategy to the market appetite.
- Evaluate current Client Marketing programs and modify to be tailored to the specific needs of our mid-market account managers and customers.
- Support our Client Marketing region-specific field marketing plan. Plan and host online and offline events that deepen our existing customer relationships while supporting our customer adoption and upsell efforts. Areas of oversight include, but are not limited to, venue sourcing, event logistics, external and internal promotion, day of management, and reporting.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Review meetings with teams you support. Present the Client Marketing plans, answer questions, and collect feedback from the Account Management Organization to ensure meeting pipeline goals.
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments.
- Working in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Conceptualize and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Manage content and updates for customer and internal touch points, establishing budget guidelines, participating in events, documenting business processes, and providing additional sales support
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Perform other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5-7 marketing experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field or the equivalent work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Knowledge of and experience using Marketo or other similar marketing automation platform
- Exhibit a high level of drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Be a self-starter with solid organizational and planning skills
- Must be a team player and collaborate well across departments
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Proficient writing skills. Able to create emails, landing page copy, and program briefs.
- Strong understanding of current marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices
- Strong project management and organizational skills