Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
You will be a member of the Brand and Communications team and an important contributor to Relativity’s future. Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
About the Role:
The Brand Designer is responsible for evolving and executing Relativity's design direction across the company. As a part of the Brand & Communications team, this person will take projects from initial concept to final deliverables, working closely with stakeholders to identify design needs, artistic direction and execute outstanding creative solutions.
We’re looking for a Brand Designer to join our team who has passion and experience in visual identity, brand strategy and understands what it takes to create beautiful and usable digital experiences. The ideal candidate can lead and execute work independently but knows how to direct, inspire and collaborate with others. They are excited for a challenge, and able to think about both the big picture and get into the details. They know the difference between good and great design, and thrive in a learning environment.
They also have an exceptional eye for aesthetics, strong art and typography skills, a firm understanding of design process, and have the ability to distill complex concepts into simple-to-understand forms. Previous experience in technology, early-stage startups or other highly innovative industries is a plus.
What you'll do:
- Concept, design and develop a wide variety of creative assets (digital, print, packaging, etc.) to communicate Relativity’s mission and build brand engagement
- Execute and evolve Relativity’s brand identity, its style guide and visual systems to build awareness and recognition
- Establish best practices and design processes that produce consistent, outstanding results
- Partner with cross functional teams to deliver creative solutions and ensure brand consistency across the company
- Translate creative briefs, brand strategies, and business needs into high-impact, creative solutions
- Work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- Build relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience as a designer within a collaborative environment
- Expertise in graphic design, product design, visual arts or related work experience
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and knowledge of the art and design process
- Experience designing visual brand and identity systems
- Broad range of visual styles
- Strong understanding of brand campaigns, art direction and social/digital media ecosystems
- Ability to articulate strategy for design and art choices
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Fluency in best practices for digital-based and print design
- Pro-level fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to deliver quality work within a time-sensitive environment
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.