Manager of High Voltage Battery Systems
The Manager of High Voltage battery systems falls under the Power Electronics group at Hyperloop One and is at the forefront of innovative power distribution systems. The Manager of High Voltage (HV) Battery Systems is responsible for delivering advanced HV battery packs for Hyperloop applications from initial design concept through full volume production. They will work closely with the Pod and Propulsion teams to develop their power storage needs.
- Build and maintain technical competency in the HV battery systems engineering team. Provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Develop product development plan, milestones, budgets, and scheduling.
- Lead battery chemistry and battery cell electrochemical design, performance trade-off analysis, selection, and characterization tests.
- Develop battery module and pack designs that satisfy system level functional objectives, including life time, safety, weight and volume, etc.
- Develop advanced BMS design and algorithms to estimate state of charge, state of health, and dynamic power limits.
- Lead failure mode effect analysis for HV battery systems.
- Develop technical specifications, drive DFM/DFC, and work with manufacturing team and external manufacturers to develop assembly process.
- Develop design verification test plans, qualification/acceptance test plans, and standards compliance test plans. Ensure HV battery packs are tested to industrial standards.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and technologies. Develop roadmaps for future projects and products to continuously advance HV battery pack performance.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, employee career development, performance review, and resolving conflicts.
- Work in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and hands-on experience with advanced lithium-ion battery systems for transportation applications. Able to provide technical guidance to team members on what, why, and how.
- Direct experience on HV battery systems integration - chemical, electrical, thermal, mechanical, design for safety, and BMS.
- Strong knowledge and ability to troubleshoot battery system issues
- Track-record of bringing products from concept to market. Understanding of operations, manufacturing, procurement, quality, and maintenance processes
- Expertise in vehicle high voltage systems and safety.
- Experience with product standards compliance and product certification.
- Strong managerial and planning skills. Experience of leading a team.
- 5 years plus experience in HV battery systems specific to passenger vehicles.
- Thorough understanding of battery component, supply chain, and system level manufacturing processes.
- Prior launch of an electric vehicle.
- Familiar with finite element analysis and/or computational fluid analysis
- Familiar with electrical circuit / control simulation software, such as Matlab/Simulink.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.