Trademark Staff Attorney
Cover letter and resume required.
If you are a service-oriented, junior to mid-level trademark attorney who thrives on speaking with clients and helping them understand trademark law, we would love to talk to you. LegalZoom Global Services is looking for exceptional trademark attorneys to help us redefine, revolutionize, and increase access to effective trademark legal representation. This attorney must enjoy and be comfortable with providing regular consultations to small business clients over the phone.
What you'll do:
- Conduct and review trademark searches, and provide strategic advice and risk analyses;
- Advise clients on the registrability and strength of their marks;
- File a high volume of trademark applications at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office;
- Respond to Office actions;
- Increase access to the law by helping small businesses register trademarks; and
- Spend more time giving legal advice than powering through administrative minutiae.
You must have:
- Significant U.S. trademark prosecution experience;
- A license to practice in good standing with at least one state bar;
- Enthusiasm for practicing trademark law in an extremely fast-paced, non-traditional environment;
- The competence and confidence to tell clients what you would do if you were the client;
- Superb oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain legal concepts to non-attorneys on a regular basis over the phone and online;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with high-volume U.S. trademark prosecution, clearance searching and opinions, and office action responses;
- Experience as or interacting with USPTO examining attorneys;
- Some international trademark experience;
- Experience using third-party search providers;
- Significant experience advising clients in person and over the phone;
- Experience and general enjoyment working with small businesses and start-ups; and
- Excellent legal judgment, business acumen, practical, and common sense skills to understand the needs of small business and start-ups, and the ability to effectively translate legal principles to small business owners and start-ups in terms they will understand;
- The ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.