Sr. Manager, Civic Engagement, EMEA
Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Come join our growing team at Bird as the Senior Manager of Civic Engagement for EMEA. In this role you will lead the development of public affairs initiatives in markets across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
What You'll Do:
- Devise and implement strategy at a regional, national, and local level.
- Work closely with our public affairs, government partnerships, communications, and expansion teams to launch new initiatives and sustain growth in markets
- Develop relationships with international influencers, and cultivate champions for Bird across EMEA
- Provide insights and execute strategies in key markets
- Develop partnerships with industry stakeholders and organizations
- Passionately drive awareness of Bird programs
- Drive metrics-driven strategies to measure program’s overall success
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in political campaigns or public policy
- Strong network of influential stakeholders across EMEA
- Passion for Bird’s mission and deep desire for collaborating with individuals across the organization
- Experience developing, leading highly effective and measurable campaigns
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Integrity - We look for people who put teams and Bird riders first and who default to doing the right thing, always
- Attitude - Self-Starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” and "yes and" view towards any opportunity
- Pragmatism & Resourcefulness - We are a startup, we need to stay nimble and prioritize so that we get from where we are to where we need to be
- Creativity - Much of what you will be working on doesn’t exist. We are looking for someone with imagination who can develop a vision and can then imbue that vision with substance
- Passion - We are ecosystem engineers and are looking for individuals with a passion for mobility and sustainability
- Team Player - Ability to influence and develop strong cross-functional productive relationships
- Problem Solver - Exceptional problem solver who has owned successful projects from start to finish
- Relevant Experience - Previous experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and mission-oriented environment is a plus
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description