Senior Counsel – Regulatory/Compliance
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
The Senior Counsel for Regulatory/Compliance will provide support to the General Counsel and key company stakeholders to make sure that organization is operating in compliance with applicable laws and regulations both domestically and internationally. This position will directly handle any inquiries or investigations and respond to questions issued from various regulatory agencies.
- Assist General Counsel in overseeing legal/compliance matters for the company.
- Works with executives and key company personnel in the development, implementation, and execution of regulatory requirements both domestically and internationally.
- This position will work on a variety of regulatory matters relating to dietary supplement GMP compliance, product registration issues, complex customs import/export matters, and quality related matters.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of compliance and quality programs and policies of the organization.
- Assists General Counsel in the managing and responding to investigations or other administrative matters related to regulatory agencies, such as the FDA, FTC, FAA, and other state agencies.
- Research/analyze industry-specific regulations to assist in implementation of compliance measures
- Assist in evaluating the business impact of legislative, regulatory, and legal developments
- Assist General Counsel in reviewing and negotiating key agreements in relation to compliance issues
- Work with General Counsel to provide risk mitigation strategies to the Executive Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- Highly skilled negotiator and team player
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Business acumen and ability to provide practical legal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload and complete transactions quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently on projects, meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple matters.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Requires 8 to 10 years of proven legal experience, both in law firm and in-house. Experience with online retail industry a plus and dietary supplements. International experience is a plus.
JD from an accredited law school.