Senior Corporate Counsel
VideoAmp is hiring a full-time Corporate Counsel based in Los Angeles, California who will report to the Chief Legal & Privacy Officer. In this position, you will work as the second full-time member of VideoAmp’s growing legal team. The Corporate Counsel will interact directly with our customers, partners, vendors, and internal stakeholders from sales, product, marketing, services, operations, and finance. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide analysis and advice on domestic and international contractual matters for the company.
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial contracts, including without limitation: SaaS, partnership, licensing, distribution, consulting, confidentiality, and other business and legal documents.
- Anticipate, provide timely evaluation and guidance on, and propose mitigation strategies on potential risks in contractual, privacy, compliance, financial, and legal areas.
- Assist Chief Legal & Privacy Officer in developing, implementing, improving, and reviewing legal, privacy, and compliance processes and procedures.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- 5-6 years of experience working with technology and/or digital media companies.
- Current member in good standing of the California or New York bar.
- Strong experience in commercial sales transactions, preferably with a large company or firm.
- Experience negotiating and drafting commercial transactions with large media companies (agencies, programmers, and/or distributors).
- Experience with revenue recognition and other accounting issues that arise in commercial transactions with large software or digital media companies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in interactions with customers, partners, and all levels of VideoAmp employees.
- Experience with on-line privacy and data rights legal issues highly desired.
- Ability to work well with others, super-smart, passionate about what you do, funny (or at least can take a joke), and fired up about the opportunity in front of VideoAmp.
- Developed business acumen, with the ability to understand the company’s business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- Unlimited paid time off each year
- Annual vacation stipend
- Onsite gym, fitness classes, and personal trainer
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snack snacks
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Epic growth
LIFE IS SHORT. WORK SOMEPLACE GREAT.
VideoAmp offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we’re not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of media planning, measurement, and optimization and this is your chance to be part of it. Apply here! We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries. VideoAmp is an equal opportunity employer.