Regulatory Affairs Director at Enervee
Enervee empowers consumers to make better energy-related buying decisions – from choosing the most energy efficient consumer products to investing in solar and EVs. Enervee pioneered the use of Choice Engines in the energy industry, and we’re at the forefront of using new data, software technology and behavioral insights – coupled with state-of-the-art digital marketing – to transform how utilities engage their customers and how all of us shop.
Enervee seeks a talented Regulatory Affairs Director to shape regulatory and legislative policy that advances the market for clean energy and drives utility investment in Enervee’s innovative products and services. As Enervee’s first dedicated Regulatory Affairs hire, you will join a team with extensive global policy experience in climate and energy efficiency, reporting to the VP of Market Development and working closely with Enervee’s Growth team. You will own and nurture key government relationships, with a view to achieving outcomes that pave the way for future growth, while delivering actionable perspectives on market structures, regulatory schemes and proceedings to support other business functions.
What you’ll be doing
- Regulatory opportunity & risk assessment. Help Enervee anticipate and respond in a timely fashion to regulatory developments by keeping your finger on the pulse of the ever-evolving landscape of stakeholders, regulators and utilities.
- External facing advocacy. Liaise informally and in formal proceedings with regulatory commissions, state energy officials, legislators, utility clients, environmental groups, and consumer advocates – leveraging the resources, relationships and clout of relevant industry associations – to advance regulatory/policy decisions that are in the interest of Enervee and the industry.
- Market development & sales support. Streamline provision of relevant regulatory & policy inputs needed by other Enervee teams, such as to inform sales strategy and proposal development or contribute to thought leadership and new market development.
- Highest personal integrity and passion for advancing sustainability
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree and 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Track record of successful State-level regulatory advocacy that has led to clear business and policy outcomes
- Acumen to identify, prioritize & track critical issues from among the vast number of ongoing proceedings, aligning effort with business needs
- Good mix of political, business and technical savvy
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Experience in behavioral change and clean energy regulation would be a major plus
- Work with an exceptional team that cares deeply about our planet and its inhabitants
- Competitive benefits and stock options in a fast growing start-up
- Unlimited PTO
- Wonderful co-working space