Real Estate Counsel
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is a dynamic and fast-growing company with a legal team that has doubled in size in the last year. The person who fills this position will have the unique opportunity to be the company’s first real estate lawyer overseeing a global real estate portfolio. We are looking for someone who loves to analyze complex legal issues, find creative solutions, and effectively negotiate deals. Please be able to balance competing demands, work independently, and maintain a positive attitude.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Support the global real estate and facilities team with the expansion and maintenance of its portfolio of offices in the U.S., Canada, U.K., parts of EMEA and APAC;
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a variety of documents including leases, temporary office space agreements, purchase and sale agreements, project management agreements, construction agreements, architecture agreements, and other ancillary agreements;
- Counsel internal clients on a variety of real estate matters including strategy and planning, zoning issues, insurance requirements, and tax and regulatory considerations;
- Manage outside counsel;
- Handle pre-litigation lease disputes and resolutions; and
- Improve our legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Strong business sense and ability to exercise exceptional business judgement;
- Minimum 7 years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a real estate transactions attorney with some portion of that experience in commercial leasing;
- Juris doctorate from a top-ranked U.S. law school;
- Licensed to practice and in good standing;
- Real estate drafting and negotiating experience;
- Experience managing a large number of mission-critical projects simultaneously under deadline pressure;
- Ability to work independently and thrive in fast paced environment; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (sense of humor is a big plus).
- Please include a cover letter outlining your interest in the role
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.