We’re looking for a Product and Partnerships Counsel to join Procore’s Legal team. In this position, you’ll work closely with teams across the organization including Product, Engineering, User Experience, and Business Development, to manage and execute a broad range of initiatives applicable to our platform, products, partnerships, and app marketplace.
As a Product and Partnerships Counsel, you’ll advise and counsel cross-functional teams on numerous business verticals across product and partnership-related matters from conception to launch, to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection, privacy, cybersecurity, payment processing, competition, and other laws, regulations, and standards. To be successful in this role, you’ll operate autonomously while being a collaborative team player who brings a positive, “can-do” attitude to the workplace. You have a passion for results, continuous improvement, cross-functional collaboration, and are energized by a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
This position will report to our Associate General Counsel, Technology, Product & IP and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S location or flexibly from our Carpinteria, California headquarters or Austin, Texas office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What You’ll Do:
- Review global products, features, programs, platforms, infrastructure, and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for our products across multiple jurisdictions and provide legal support for Procore’s app marketplace
- Support our Business Development team on a variety of partnership programs, including working closely with members of the Legal team and cross-functional groups to develop and launch new partnership programs that are key to the company’s overall strategy
- Advise on product integration-related matters as well as coordinate with public policy, communications, and other cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary issues as they arise
- Prepare and manage the implementation of internal and customer-facing policies, terms and conditions, and related communications
- Draft and negotiate a variety of coverage area-specific commercial agreements and support the Legal team’s negotiation of applicable privacy, data security, and IP provisions of inbound and outbound agreements
- Draft, review, and advise on advertising and marketing materials, including press releases, testimonials, blog posts, product launch collateral, and other related items
- Assist in the development of our trademark and patent portfolios, including brainstorming with relevant teams and assisting in the preparation of invention disclosure forms
- Conduct periodic employee trainings on matters relevant to areas of responsibility
- Efficiently manage outside counsel in areas of coverage with an eye toward minimizing outside counsel expense and meeting budget
What we’re looking for:
- J.D. with exceptional academic credentials
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the California or Texas bar, as applicable, or eligible to apply as registered in-house counsel in either state
- 5+ years of proven product and/or partnerships counseling experience at a leading law firm and in-house (ideally at a SaaS or other technology company) in roles of increasing responsibility; international experience a strong plus
- Understanding of domestic and global privacy laws and regulations (e.g., CCPA and GDPR), and knowledge of global cybersecurity laws, standards, and frameworks (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.) a strong plus
- Experience advising Engineering, Product, UX, and other R&D-focused teams
- Experience working on partnership programs, such as reseller and/or agency agreements
- Passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, high-growth company
- Excellent written verbal communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Highly analytical with exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving with the ability to effectively counsel internal clients by providing clear, concise, and commercial advice, and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.