We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Legal Analyst in Royalty and Copyright Business Affairs. The Legal Analyst will be responsible for contract interpretation, analysis and briefing; and acting as a liaison between label Business Affairs departments and the Royalties department. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, analyzing legal documents and providing practical legal and business advice.
- Provide interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual royalty obligations
- Complete royalty-centered briefs based on legal documents to ensure compliance
- Input of royalty rates and terms from briefs into the royalties translation system
- Research and answer issues that arise from both label business affairs and royalty's department
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- JD- preferred
- BA/BS degree, JD degree, or similar experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.