Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As the International Legal Director, you will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel and provide practical, responsive, high quality legal advice and guidance regarding Bird’s International business. This challenging role will be instrumental in helping Bird as we expand our international footprint. The role will also help understand and anticipate international regulatory issues and help us operationalize them. We are looking for someone who is confident, service driven, and able to work collaboratively with business and legal teammates to find practical solutions to complex issues.
The successful candidate will possess the poise and professionalism necessary to engage with senior leadership and executive staff, internal clients across the globe, and outside counsel.
You will work on a variety of complex projects, requiring competencies in corporate structure, commercial transactions, and regulatory analysis. The successful candidate will demonstrate capabilities in anticipating legal issues, accepting and effectively resolving sensitive legal projects and handling difficult situations diplomatically.
What You'll Need
- Experience with international law, global expansion, corporate structure, commercial transactions
- Well-organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working both autonomously and with teams.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity, and appropriate risk tolerance for a fast-moving, fast-growing technology start up
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience representing clients in the technology or transportation industries preferred.
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing of any state bar, California preferred
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (approximately 10-20% of time)
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.