Head of Legal Operations at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for an experienced leader to join Procore’s Legal leadership team as Head of Legal Operations. In this critical role, you’ll define and execute on a vision to build a world-class legal operations function, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal Department and team.
As a successful Head of Legal Operations, you’re a proactive agent of change who is excited about identifying, developing, and implementing scalable new processes and workflows across the entire Legal department. You have outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills and are eager to assess areas in need of improvement, generate action plans, and put those plans into action to serve the department and the company.
This position reports to our Chief Legal Officer and will be based in our Carpinteria, California headquarters. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the operations, internal communications, and ongoing innovation and evolution of the Legal department
- Develop an operations plan and technology roadmap in support of the department’s mission and near-term and long-term objectives
- Leverage your experience as a legal operations thought leader to partner with the Chief Legal Officer on defining and driving strategy and strategic initiatives
- Identify, evaluate, implement, and support best-in-class technology, systems, and processes to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness
- Improve legal workflows and processes and propose and implement solutions
- Develop metrics to evaluate and monitor departmental effectiveness, client satisfaction, and team performance; provide regular reporting on initiatives to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct regular benchmarking of departmental performance against best-in-class legal operations functions
- Lead outside counsel engagement processes, including alternative fee arrangements and monitoring and enforcement of the company’s outside counsel guidelines
- Partner with the Chief Legal Officer on the development and management of department budget and partner and coordinate with FP&A on budget-related matters, including monitoring expenditures and disbursements, recommending and instituting budget revisions as appropriate, and reviewing, processing, reconciling, and tracking legal invoices
- Lead or assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of department forms, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain research files, knowledge management processes, and contract templates
- Conduct periodic team and employee training on relevant departmental topics
- Work closely with contracts manager to create run/playbooks for internal and external processes including contracts
- Keep abreast of, and educate the Legal leadership team on the latest legal operations industry trends and developments
- Lead or assist on various other special departmental projects, initiatives, or duties, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong academic credentials
- 5-7+ years of relevant legal operations experience (gained ideally at a SaaS or other technology company) in roles of increasing responsibility, including experience building and leading a successful legal operations function
- Demonstrated experience identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve processes and tools to enhance efficiency and drive results
- Ability to successfully execute complex technology roll-outs
- Highly proficient in Google applications, including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Notes, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, proactive, efficient and resourceful with exceptional follow-through skills
- Capacity to think strategically and creatively to identify issues and develop long-term solutions
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem-solving skills and impeccable judgment
- Ability to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and trustworthiness and a demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information
- Ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management, including senior management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can-do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal Department and organization
- Energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, hyper-growth company
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.