General Counsel at TeleSign
Telesign is looking for an experienced, business-minded General Counsel to join our growing in-house legal team. You will report to our CFO and will interact with and support various groups across our fast-paced, mobile identity business. You will be responsible for guiding us through complex legal projects and matters involving Privacy, Product, Compliance, and Policy.
- Supervise the expansion and growth of a global legal team operating across 5 continents in a number of high growth markets.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in areas of privacy and data protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy laws) and advise on the impact of the same on Telesign’s business
- Assist Product, Engineering, and Strategy teams in translating complex and expanding privacy law requirements into actionable product development architecture.
- Draft, negotiate, and advise business clients relative to commercial agreements, including data licensing, SaaS agreements, strategic partnerships, professional services agreements, product support, and other agreements with commercial customers and partners;
- Working collaboratively with global cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Product) to drive deal closure
- Effectively managing varied transactions, while balancing appropriate legal and business risks
- Managing various legal projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist lawyers in evaluating the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features
- Advise business team clients, such as HR, marketing, sales and product teams, on privacy requirements
What you will need:
- 10+ years of legal experience of in-house and law firm experience in a rapidly growing technology, SaaS, digital media, or ad tech company
- JD and active bar membership in CA is required
- Knowledge of privacy, data security, particularly legal requirements regarding CCPA and other state and international laws such as the GDPR
- History of negotiating complex information technology agreements, SaaS, partnership, data licensing and distribution agreements
- Experience working with global teams cross-functionally and across time zones
- Attention to detail, problem-solving mentality, and ability to follow through in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced sales environment with minimal supervision
- Embraces a growth mindset for continuous learning and personal growth
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Telesign does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.