General Counsel at PatientPop
PatientPop is the leader in practice growth with the only all-in-one solution that empowers healthcare providers to improve every digital touchpoint of the patient journey. As experts in the healthcare technology space, PatientPop makes it easy for providers to promote their practices online, attract patients, and retain them for life.
We've grown from a small, scrappy team to a workforce of 500+ driven individuals who are committed to scaling smarter. As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate and dedicated people to focus on innovative solutions while ensuring that we maintain a superb customer experience. That, in part, means finding highly qualified candidates who want to invest their energy to align with our company's long-term goals.
Are you ready to really dig into a new role? We're looking for you.
This person will be located in Santa Monica, California at PatientPop's HQ.How you will contribute:
As General Counsel, you will act as the primary legal advisor. You will work on challenging legal issues and handle certain aspects of the company’s legal affairs while we are disrupting the healthcare space. As an integrated part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting the business across all functions and managing PatientPop’s corporate and transactional legal needs including but not limited to below:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of legal contracts typical of a healthcare and/or technology organization including master service agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements and other business contracts.
- Advise on contract interpretation, IP ownership, data privacy requirements, risk allocation, employment law and other legal matters associated with the company's business.
- Assist with the development of company policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization and its business by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Manage outside counsel assignments.
- Supporting internal teams such as finance, sales, business development, corporate development on day-to-day legal issues
- JD from a nationally recognized law school.
- Active California bar license.
- At least 7 years in a law firm, or combined law firm and in-house experience advising on, drafting and negotiating contracts in either the healthcare and/or the IT industry.
- Experience handling complex M&A matters.
- Prior experience drafting and negotiating software licenses, SaaS agreements, IT consulting, cloud, and other IT contracts preferred.
- Prior experience with or exposure to HIPAA and data privacy a plus.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to balance legal and business requirements.
Here at PatientPop, we're addressing the massive challenge doctors have in marketing their services to new and existing patients. As General Counsel, you will guide and advise as we continue to build a holistic approach to keeping a medical practice thriving. We grew revenue more than 60% in 2019 and ended the year with about $70 million in Annual Recurring Revenue. As we gear up for an IPO, we need someone who will provide creative and proactive legal guidance. This is important as this will help us scale and grow while protecting our interests.
PatientPop has one simple mission: to help healthcare practices thrive. We do this by giving providers everything they need to attract and recall patients to continuously grow their practices.
Our solution is the first complete cloud-based platform that's HIPAA-compliant and proven to accelerate new patient acquisition, while also eliminating the need for dedicated marketing resources. With PatientPop, providers can attract more patients, manage online reputation, modernize the patient experience, and automate the front office — all without sacrificing quality patient care. Learn more at patientpop.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.