Director of Compliance, Lending at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director of Compliance, Lending to join the Legal team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Team:
As a member of the Legal team, you will be reporting to the team’s Senior Counsel, Lending and you will work closely with the business teams leading the company’s lending efforts.
About The Role:
The successful candidate for this position will primarily support the company's compliance needs with respect to its lending operations. Our expectation is that the candidate would help establish and oversee a compliance program, including the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, a control framework, a monitoring and testing function, and ongoing risk assessments.
What You’ll Do:
As Director of Compliance, Lending at Honey, you will:
- Develop and operationalize a compliance program that implements compliance with federal and state laws related to consumer lending (e.g., TILA, FCRA, ECOA, BSA/AML, UDAAP)
- Create, monitor, and test policies, procedures, and internal controls within the compliance program
- Develop and perform risk assessments to identify risks and recommend control measures
- Perform root cause analysis and develop actions plans to mitigate and remediate risk
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a compliance training program
- Prepare for and participate in audits, examinations, and third-party due diligence reviews
- Oversee the maintenance and renewal of state licenses
- Assist in the development and maintenance of compliance library documentation (standards, policies, etc.)
- Promote a culture of compliance across the organization
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary - and as you identify - in support of Honey's growth efforts
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in compliance, risk, or internal audit function at one or more financial institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement compliance policies and procedures, control frameworks, monitoring and testing programs, and risk assessments
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three lines of defense in effective risk management
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excited to take ownership over projects and see them through to their conclusion with minimal oversight
- Intrigued by the chance to work with folks who like solving hard problems in an efficient manner
- Laser-like attention to detail
- Friendly and personable
- Strong computer skills
- Law degree from accredited law school
- Experience interacting with state and/or federal regulators
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.