Corporate Counsel at LegalZoom (Greater LA Area, CA)
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Description About LegalZoom We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions. Overview LegalZoom is looking for a leading attorney to join its fast-paced corporate legal department. You will support business teams in completing a wide variety of complex securities, commercial transactions, and corporate governance matters. You will
- Work closely with the investor relations team regarding communications including press releases, investor presentations, management presentations, and other disclosures.
- Participate in SEC filings and other public company reporting requirements
- Negotiating, drafting, and revising a wide variety of commercial contracts, including technology and SaaS agreements.
- Providing ongoing legal counsel to all levels of internal business owners on strategic product initiatives.
- Serving as legal point on complex partnership, acquisition, and other securities transactions
- Participate in the administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Supporting HR, finance and legal departments in crafting and building systems and policies.
- Mentoring and supervising the work product of junior attorneys.
- Contributing to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- JD from an accredited law school; licensed and in good standing to practice law.
- A Minimum of 7 years of legal experience with a mix of leading law firm (5+ years) and in-house experience (2+ years) advising companies in technology and online services.
- Expertise in publicly held organizations with valuations greater than $1 Billion dollars.
- Knowledge and passion for a variety of issues, including securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, corporate governance, and M&A and investments,
- Experience with board and shareholder governance best practices, including board material preparation and organization.
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to understand the criticality and urgency of and issues and prioritize them as appropriate within a fast-paced environment, providing clarity and direction to the team and others throughout the company
- Strong business judgment and the ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
- Background managing high volume and occasionally complex commercial contracts.
- Ability to apply a high level of discretion, common sense and good judgment to ambiguous situations.
- Highly skilled with negotiating and drafting a wide variety of contracts with minimal supervision, utilizing fair, deliberate, and results-oriented negotiation techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex legal concepts confidently and effectively with all levels of the LegalZoom team.
Read Full Job Description