We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we've built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we've helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we've grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we're committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
Overview LegalZoom is looking for a leading attorney to join its fast-paced corporate legal department. You will support business teams in completing a wide variety of complex securities, commercial transactions, and corporate governance matters.
How you'll spend your day:
- Work closely with the investor relations team regarding communications including press releases, investor presentations, management presentations, and other disclosures.
- Participate in SEC filings and other public company reporting requirements
- Negotiating, drafting, and revising a wide variety of commercial contracts, including technology and SaaS agreements.
- Providing ongoing legal counsel to all levels of internal business owners on strategic product initiatives.
- Serving as legal point on complex partnership, acquisition, and other securities transactions
- Participate in the administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Supporting HR, finance and legal departments in crafting and building systems and policies.
- Mentoring and supervising the work product of junior attorneys.
- Contributing to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
Who you are:
- JD from an accredited law school; licensed and in good standing to practice law.
- A Minimum of 7 years of legal experience with a mix of leading law firm (5+ years) and in-house experience (2+ years) advising companies in technology and online services.
- Expertise in publicly held organizations with valuations greater than $1 Billion dollars.
- Knowledge and passion for a variety of issues, including securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, corporate governance, and M&A and investments,
- Experience with board and shareholder governance best practices, including board material preparation and organization.
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to understand the criticality and urgency of and issues and prioritize them as appropriate within a fast-paced environment, providing clarity and direction to the team and others throughout the company
- Strong business judgment and the ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
- Background managing high volume and occasionally complex commercial contracts.
- Ability to apply a high level of discretion, common sense and good judgment to ambiguous situations.
- Highly skilled with negotiating and drafting a wide variety of contracts with minimal supervision, utilizing fair, deliberate, and results-oriented negotiation techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex legal concepts confidently and effectively with all levels of the LegalZoom team.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Read Full Job Description