OpenX is a dynamic technology company operating in the rapidly growing digital advertising sector. Our legal team prides itself on engaging in intelligent risk analysis with our business partners, and collaborating closely with them on all aspects of the business, from evaluating new products and services, to offering creative and practical solutions related to our existing services.
As a corporate counsel at OpenX, you will deal with a wide variety of matters including all of OpenX’s primary revenue contracts, vendor agreements, regional operator agreements, consulting agreements and non-disclosure agreements. Your primary responsibilities will be focused initially on contract drafting, review and negotiation, with involvement in many other areas of in-house practice. Over time, you will have an opportunity to expand into intellectual property, employment, privacy, corporate and other areas of law.
We are looking for an individual with strong internal drive who is capable of drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal agreements, including commercial, intellectual property, technology, and vendor agreements. The individual must have exceptional writing and analytical skills, be a team player (including being comfortable and proactive in solving problems with other OpenX teams, and have a positive attitude.
- Attorney with three to eight years legal experience, and strong academic credentials with law firm experience.
- Ability to draft well-structured, complete and concise correspondence and documents.
- Prior in-house experience is helpful.
- Deep knowledge of specific contract provisions as they apply in commercial contexts including indemnification provisions and limitations of liability.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously, and respond to co-workers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and reorder workload in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible thinker with the ability to make sound independent decisions.
- Familiarity with other areas of law and in-house practice, including labor and employment, open source licenses and data usage issues, corporate governance and securities, privacy, contract management, intellectual property, law department management and internal policy drafting, is a plus.
Salary and benefits are competitive. Relocation reimbursement is not available.
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!