Procore is looking to add in-house Corporate Counsel to the team. We’re a lean and mean legal team with two attorneys and four non-lawyer support staff members for a 1000+ person global organization. We are deeply embedded within the business units at Procore and view ourselves as partners in getting the organization to ‘yes’ while safeguarding the company against unnecessary legal risk. We value practical, real-world legal advice and are allergic to the kind of overly conservative lawyering that comes from looking at risk in a box.
We are looking to add an enthusiastic and experienced generalist to our team who will share our nimble approach to dispensing legal advice. Opportunity is for our San Francisco or Santa Barbara office.
Having experience in-house at a technology company--vertical SaaS being a huge plus. Most importantly, you will be passionate about joining a sky-rocketing tech company.
What you'll do:
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with cloud platform services, intellectual property, privacy and data protection.
- Primarily provide legal advice and support to teams from Engineering, Product Management, U/X, and Product Marketing from the initial stages of product development to launch.
- Manage Procore’s IP program (including patent, trademark, and trade secret--prior experience not required)
- Develop and maintain a repository of legal resources that are required for products, such as terms of service, privacy notices, and other disclosures.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from across the company, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use. Advise business clients, as well as Finance and other company colleagues, on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, intellectual property, and negotiation strategy.
- Review, draft, and negotiate licenses and intellectual property agreements and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
What we're looking for:
- JD degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience in advising product and engineering teams on legal issues.
- Must be admitted to the bar in California in and are in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.