Corporate Counsel, Privacy and Compliance
What You'll Do:
- Advising on global privacy law compliance, including GDPR, data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach rules.
- Developing a compliance framework, including development of policies and procedures to monitor and oversee ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements
- Continually updating Bird’s policies as the needs of the business evolve and as there are changes in laws and regulations
- Spearheading regulatory compliance efforts to ensure that Bird complies with regulatory regimes being implemented across the globe
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience (a combination of law firm and in-house experience ideal)
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing of any state bar
- Well-organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- The poise and professionalism necessary to engage with senior leadership and executive staff, internal clients across the globe, and outside counsel.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working both autonomously and with teams.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity, and appropriate risk tolerance for a fast-moving, fast-growing technology start up
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience representing clients in the technology or transportation industries preferred
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.