Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs UMLE, Bilingual (English/Spanish) at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE), a division of Universal Music Group (Vivendi), is a music company specializing in producing and distributing Latin Music under a variety of legendary record labels, as well as managing talent and producing events.
UMLE is currently seeking a Department Coordinator for the Business & Legal Affairs department based in Los Angeles. This role will provide paralegal support to attorneys in the company's Los Angeles and Miami offices.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Provide support to attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs Department.
- Track department workflow to ensure documents are sent to and received from third parties.
- Assist in preparing standard form agreements and other legal documents; draft and send letters, documents and other routine correspondence as requested.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system in electronic and physical formats for contracts and corporate matters; create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in legal clearance of all audio and video releases.
- Liaise with internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters.
- Assist with periodic reports of all legal matters affecting the company, including liaising with other attorneys and departments within the company.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Minimum of four years of experience as a legal assistant and/or paralegal.
- Experience with record label, or music industry or corporate in-house paralegal strongly preferred.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or related area.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign.
- Fluency in written and verbal Spanish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Exhibit professional demeanor and sound judgment.
- Follow up on delegated assignments through completion.
- Interact well with all levels of organization with ability to communicate clearly.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is resourceful, is excited to learn, flexible and takes ownership of tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; works well under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.