Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs UMLE, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE), a division of Universal Music Group (Vivendi), is a music company specializing in producing and distributing Latin Music under a variety of legendary record labels, as well as managing talent and producing events.
UMLE is currently seeking a Department Coordinator for the Business & Legal Affairs department based in Los Angeles. This role will provide paralegal support to attorneys in the company's Los Angeles and Miami offices.
- Provide support to attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs Department.
- Track department workflow to ensure documents are sent to and received from third parties.
- Assist in preparing standard form agreements and other legal documents; draft and send letters, documents and other routine correspondence as requested.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system in electronic and physical formats for contracts and corporate matters; create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in legal clearance of all audio and video releases.
- Liaise with internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters.
- Assist with periodic reports of all legal matters affecting the company, including liaising with other attorneys and departments within the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Exhibit professional demeanour and sound judgment.
- Follow up on delegated assignments through completion.
- Interact well with all levels of organization with ability to communicate clearly.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is resourceful, is excited to learn, flexible and takes ownership of tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; works well under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign.
- Minimum of four years of experience as a legal assistant and/or paralegal.
- Experience with record label, or music industry or corporate in-house paralegal strongly preferred.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or related area.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign.
- Fluency in written and verbal Spanish.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.