Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. Together we are building the largest, most caring and most productive community of drivers in the world. HopSkipDrive CareDrivers transport thousands of children safely to their destinations everyday.
As Contracts Specialist, you will be working in Los Angeles and reporting to the Director of Regulatory Affairs and Risk Management. You will be responsible for effectively and expediently drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a high volume of contracts with enterprise customers and third party vendors. The Contracts Specialist will play a pivotal role in achieving HopSkipDrive’s strategic and financial objectives by providing consultative and strategic support services on HopSkipDrive transactions.
What You'll Do
The following duties will be performed under the direction of an attorney (Director of Regulatory Affairs and Risk Management):
- Achieve in-depth understanding of HopSkipDrive’ business strategy and platform to effectively identify contract risks and provide relevant advice for risk management and acceptable contract terms.
- Identify and negotiate revisions as necessary for enterprise customer agreements, master services agreements, goods agreements, product development agreements, SaaS Agreements, data privacy agreements, agency agreements, sponsorship agreements, statements of work, letter agreements, NDAs and other agreements.
- Escalate risk management issues to the Director of Regulatory Affairs and Risk Management as needed.
- Assist with the development and improvement of contract management workflows, procedures and templates.
- Assist in implementing contract management systems and performing contract administration functions as needed to ensure expedient execution of contracts.
- Maintain and coordinate reviews and revisions of contract templates and playbooks.
- Provide training to relevant HopSkipDrive teams on contractual issues and strategies.
- Act as the primary legal liaison with internal stakeholders and external parties to ensure compliance with contract specifications and resolution of issues.
- Assist the sales team in identifying issues in Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) and suggesting operationally-appropriate and legal responses to RFPs where needed.
Who You Are
- An A+ player who is building a challenging and rewarding career
- Bachelor’s Degree with either a paralegal certification or JD
- 2+ years of relevant contract drafting, review, and negotiation experience in a similar environment (corporation or law firm)
- Demonstrated success in complex contract review, drafting and negotiation
- Contract experience in the public sector (e.g., school districts and county/local governments) is a plus
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to assess and articulate issues clearly and concisely
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to create order out of chaos, distill problems and opportunities down to their essence, establish project timelines and deliver against them
- An entrepreneurial mindset; you are equally comfortable operating as an individual contributor and as a team leader, contributing to strategy as executing tactically. No strategic challenge is too big for you and no task is too small for you.
- Exceptional project management skills, including an ability to take inputs from a variety of sources, including data analysis, deliver on time, engage stakeholders, and maintain up-to-date documentation
- An ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external partners effectively, exert influence and lead difficult conversations when necessary to keep a project or contract on track
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
- Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Proficiency in the full range of Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite required. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint preferred
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.