About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking a Contracts Manager who will play a critical role in establishing and maintaining relationships with our customers and business partners. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for preparing, negotiating, and supervising the execution of a high volume of complex contracts, preparing summaries and reports regarding ongoing and recently-completed deals, addressing various contract-related issues, and helping to develop and implement new contracting processes, procedures, and automation. Initially, the Contracts Manager will report directly to the company’s General Counsel. We anticipate that, in time, you will report to the leader of the contracts team within the Legal Department.
What You’ll Do
- Support our Revenue Team and other company departments by editing and preparing contracts that will be presented to customers and business partners. Contract types include, without limitation, nondisclosure agreements, professional service agreements, and equipment installation agreements.
- Serve as a lead contracts negotiator.
- Supervise the execution of contracts through DocuSign.
- Organize and maintain contract records.
- Prepare summaries and reports for stakeholders regarding outstanding contracts and contract negotiations.
- Help to improve the contracts workflow process, including by assisting with the implementation of new contracts management solutions.
- Counsel and educate other company employees on contract-related matters.
- Address contract-related issues that arise.
What You Bring
- At least eight years’ experience as a contracts manager, including at least four years’ experience negotiating third party contracts.
- Experience working at a technology company and addressing a broad range of technology-related contracts (including but not limited to sales-related contracts).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Superior problem solving, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Thorough and detail oriented.
- Able to work unsupervised while recognizing when to escalate issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with formal presentations.
- Excellent computer skills (experience with Mac software preferred).
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.