In the United States, over a third of all the food we grow is lost to spoilage and wasted before we can eat it. In the developing world, more than half of all produce is lost to spoilage before it can be consumed. Apeel Sciences creates agricultural solutions inspired by and derived from nature for growers to protect their crops and increase the shelf life of harvested fresh produce. We are committed to being a technological and environmental trailblazer at the interface between the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering industries to eliminate food waste and reduce reliance on pesticides. Our mission is to enable widespread, positive impacts through the development of high-performance pre- and post-harvest products and processes that conserve our precious natural resources and safeguard the Earth’s delicate ecological balance.
Apeel is comprised of highly talented, deeply passionate, and strongly tight-knit team members who are excited by the opportunity to challenge the status quo, are obsessed with solving problems, and truly seek to positively change how we feed the world. Our people are core and absolutely fundamental to our company’s success and continued growth. Look around and what do you see? Team members who are working tirelessly and selflessly—not to serve themselves—but to help the team as a whole strategically, aggressively, and collectively realize a shared mission and vision. If you are ready for an opportunity to jump in, tackle challenges (and opportunities!) head-on, take ownership, and drive meaningful outcomes in a highly collaborative, communicative, and dynamic environment, we would love to connect with you!
Apeel Sciences is seeking a Compliance Coordinator to ensure quality of our operations at Apeel installations globally. The Compliance Coordinator will work closely with Apeel’s frontline employees, Technical Field Specialists (as well as other field staff such as Field Engineers and Field Scientists), to ensure compliance with US FDA and international regulations, specifically Good Manufacturing Practices, food safety, and records management. Additionally, the Compliance Coordinator will work with other teams at Apeel to identify process improvements spanning from training resources to building electronic workflows.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all applicable regulations, including US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and the Produce Safety Rule
- Research international regulations, and apply the findings to Apeel’s operations
- Promptly and carefully review records to ensure compliance with US FDA regulations or those of other regulatory bodies, as appropriate
- Regularly visit Apeel installation sites to ensure compliance, obtain feedback from Technical Field Specialists, and review records
- Collaborate with teams at Apeel to ensure consistent support & quality for our Field Operations Team
- Generate and update Standard Operating Procedures, Forms, and other controlled documents, in compliance with applicable regulations
- Develop and participate in training programs for Technical Field Specialists
- Proactively identify areas for improvement at Apeel, and develop and implement processes that help to advance our operations
- Support the Regulatory Compliance function at Apeel, including scanning, filing, records management
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working in an FDA-regulated industry, preferably in the food industry
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention-to-detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills
- Enthusiasm for process improvement & optimization
- Spanish language ability is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Power Point, and Excel
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.