Compliance Associate, Licensing at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better Opportunity
As Better’s Licensing Paralegal, you will provide the highest quality support to our legal and compliance team. You will take on cross-functional projects that address the operational needs of our business, such as state licensing, vendor management, and other related tasks. Your attention to detail, organization, and strong written and oral communication skills will make you an integral part of our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing MLO licensing and renewals for Mortgage and Processing Experts
- Assist with company and branch licenses
- Assist with regulatory examinations
- Taking ownership of special projects as needed
- You have two years of experience in a paralegal position; paralegal license preferred but not required.
- Experience working with state and federal licensing
- Are eager to learn and can quickly get up to speed on new, complex tops
- You have high attention to detail and are extremely organized
- A background in mortgage and financial services is preferred
- Startup Grit
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We will try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.