Commercial Counsel (contract)
The Commercial Counsel (contract) will manage ZestFinance’s transactional domain. This includes drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements, maintaining our forms, assisting with our terms of service, and maintaining strong relationships and processes with the internal stakeholders. We’re looking for a diligent and strategic thinker who will be able to tackle drafting challenges while keeping in mind the objectives of the greater business.
In this role you will:
- Draft, negotiate, and review a multitude of different types of agreements (including sales, software license, non-disclosure, and vendor agreements)
- Provide practical and strategic legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters
- Work with teams across the company to negotiate contracts of all sizes
- Provide legal support to the ZestFinance Sales and Marketing teams concerning contractual obligations, intellectual property rights, and privacy rules and regulations
- Provide ongoing legal training to the ZestFinance Sales team on contractual, privacy, and compliance issues
- Partner with Sales and other internal stakeholders throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of ZestFinance
- Collaborate with many teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals.
We are looking for:
- Law degree from a top tier program
- Currently eligible to practice in California
- 3-5 years experience with transactional work
- Experience working in a high tech industry preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.