The Associate Counsel will provide support to the VP, General Counsel and members of the company’s internal legal team on various legal initiatives for the company and assist in day to day contract review, and privacy matters.
- Review and negotiate a variety of agreements essential for business operations such as NDAs, Vendor Agreements, Marketing Agreements, and Licensing Agreements.
- Collaborate with other departments within the company in the review of contracts to adequately protect the company’s interests and provide for adequate risk mitigation.
- Provide support to Senior Counsel in relation to the company’s global privacy compliance programs.
- Assist in reviewing IT and related contracts as well as drafting Data Processing Addendums(“DPA”) for third party vendors.
- Assist in drafting company policies and templates in relation to privacy compliance.
- Assist in conducting data privacy impact assessments.
- Support company’s ticketing system which supports individual privacy rights requests such as data erasure and data access.
- Supervise and oversee outside counsel (domestic and international) in relation to various legal matters.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- Great collaborator and team player
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Experience with contract drafting and negotiating
- Experience in corporate governance
- Experience with domestic and international trademark and domain name laws
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects, effectively meet aggressive deadlines and able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Requires 3 to 5 years of proven legal experience, both in law firm and in-house. Experience with online retail industry a plus.
- JD from an accredited law school.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.