Well+Good believes that wellness and health should be attainable for all—and recognizes the many barriers that prevent that from becoming a reality. Sitting at the cross-section of trends, service, and evidence-based journalism, we work to inform, empower, and educate communities and individuals when it comes to fitness, mental health, beauty, food, relationships, finance, and all other ways your day-to-day impacts your ability to live well, while working to challenge the systems that could hold you (or others) back. Your well-being is a birthright. Wellness is how you get there.
At LIVESTRONG.com, we strive to help all people make informed decisions about their health. We document the habits that make a difference, whether people are interested in fueling their bodies with the most nutritious foods, navigating new workouts, reaching or maintaining a healthy weight or finding other ways to improve their overall health and wellbeing. We deliver the tools to help people track their progress and keep them accountable. We rely on high-quality research and our network of experts to make LIVESTRONG.com the trustworthy, authoritative destination for people wanting to live their best lives.
We are looking for a Video Intern to join our team remotely.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: The Associate Producer and the Director of Creative Development
A typical day as a Video Intern might include:
- Act as a production assistant for editorial video production for Well+Good and Livestrong
- Collaborating with producers to meet the needs of Production and Post Production
- Coordinating catering order, prop call-ins, and styling for in person and remote video shoots
- Creating call sheets and sharing with relevant parties
- Working with the video team to ideate new topics and video series
- Assisting with post-production timeline management, and first-round of notes on new projects
- Tracking weekly video metrics across Well+Good and Livestrong channels including Youtube, social platforms, apple news as well as maintenance of ongoing analytics tracking
- Arranging calls, meetings, and travel for talent and production partners
- Maintenance of video team media and assets
You’ll be successful if you are highly organized, have a can-do attitude, and you are passionate about learning and growing within the digital publishing industry.
What You Have:
- Previous experience in video production and digital media
- Familiarity with all aspects of production to facilitate effective communication
- Familiarity with Digital Media and Branded Content
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working with daily time constraints
- Talent for anticipating needs
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional telephone etiquette
- Adept at general administrative tasks like budgeting, data entry, and word processing
- Attention to detail and a rock star attitude
- Must be proficient with google sheets, docs, and calendar
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- Nice to have: video shooting and editing skills
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.