Public Relations Associate Intern at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Public Relations Associate Intern to join us during our 2021 Summer Internship Program. We are planning an internship experience that will provide interns with an experiential experience where the interns can learn new skills that can benefit a long-term career. There will be great opportunities for project work, professional development, networking opportunities as well as social activities. The Public Relations Associate Intern will be responsible for providing administrative support to the PR department by performing various activities and tasks in order to maintain and enhance the department’s effectiveness and performance.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Suggest innovative ideas in brainstorming sessions about marketing projects / strategies
- Manage /organize press assets
- Help assist with creating end of month report
- Provide assistance organization and execution of different events
- Edit and proofread press releases, videos and design projects
- Examine and document media coverage and track relevant PR metrics
- Responsible for the press clip archive
- Perform a variety of different administrative tasks
- Researching relevant news trends for pitch ideas
- Record action items from each PR firm meeting
- Researching future marketing projects (apps, etc)
- Podcast admin duties: uploading show notes to Wordpress, ordering transcripts, editing older podcast blog posts
- Assisting with creating social content for Twitter
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Must be enrolled in a 4-year University or Program
- BA in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communication is preferred
- At least one year PR firm experience is preferred
- Organization that comes naturally
- Flexible / adaptable with ever-changing work priorties
- Meets deadlines
- Social media / trend / news savvy
- Computer savvy – working knowledge of Google databases, design software,
- Excellent communications / writing skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.