Production IT Intern at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Production IT Intern. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform moves, adds, and changes of computer hardware.
- Install and configure Windows and Mac OS computers.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and determine network problems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Participate in racking, un-racking and moving equipment and associated cabling.
- Assist in security audit preparations, upgrading, patching, etc.
- Populate and update existing physical asset lists.
- Experience working in multiple environments such as Windows, Linux and Mac OS
- Windows and Mac workstation hardware knowledge, server hardware a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Good Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Windows Active Directory (AD) experience
- Multi-tasking is a very important skill for this job
- Experience in responding to ticket-based support system
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Must be able to lift heavy office equipment up to 30 lbs
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.