Intern, Full Stack Software Engineer
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
Using your knowledge of software engineering, you will define, design and develop rich user experiences around the Edmunds consumer and dealer products while balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. Breakdown technical challenges into their component parts. Do your best work with a distributed team centered out of a Santa Monica office that is focused on empowering every Edmunds customer on their car research and shopping journey.
Using your knowledge of front end software development and engineering, you will help define, design and develop rich user services supporting the Edmunds consumer and dealer products while balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. You will breakdown technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office focused on empowering every Edmunds customer on their car research and shopping journey.
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer intern who's passionate to learn about user experience, building fast web-pages and working with a great product engineering team. Come join a dynamic team who empowers Edmunds customers in their car research and shopping journey.
What You’ll Do:
- Build rich user experiences using the latest in front-end technologies such as React, NodeJS, SASS, and HTML
- Work with a talented product engineering team
- Engineer and deploy web features to empower Edmunds customers who are shopping for a vehicle;
What You Need:
- Familiarity with and passion to understand web application development from client side through to server side via data store using AWS, NodeJS, ReactJS, CSS;
- Practical experience of building fast loading web-pages that are SEO friendly;
- A passion to never stop learning - our stack is constantly evolving.
Why do you want this job?
- You will be exposed to high volume production website processes
- You’ll get to work with a talented group of engineers, product designers, and business visionaries
- You will have an opportunity to learn and utilize the latest web development technologies
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.