VP People Operations at Output
Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a dynamic leader to usher the company into its next stage of growth through human resources, recruiting, community, and culture. As a member of senior management, the VP People Operations will collaborate with all department leaders to establish policies and procedures around the various human resources and people activities that occur on a daily basis. The ideal candidate is data driven, yet creative, flexible and overall willing to take on big, exciting challenges.
- Directs the development and administration of company-wide human resources policies and practices in accordance with corporate objectives and state and federal legal requirements.
- Develops and manages recruiting, onboarding and retention strategies.
- Directs the development and coordination of the performance feedback process.
- Develops and manages benefit programs for health, wellness, retirement, and the like.
- Develops a diversity strategy.
- Develops and manages the exit interview process.
- Reviews and analyzes wage and salary reports and data to establish competitive compensation plans.
- Reviews and analyzes legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends and standards.
- Advises and assists senior management on human resources management issues.
- Oversees management of controversial and sensitive staff issues.
- Oversees employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops human resources staff.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
- Four to six years related experience or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including employment law, Affirmative Action, and EEO compliance.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Data driven when making decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. Once we are able to return it will be on a voluntary basis. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).