Leaf Group is looking for a Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Talent Management to help us spearhead our DEI and talent efforts from our Santa Monica, CA office.
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing, high-passion lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness, Home, Art & Design, and Publishing. Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Talent Management grows with us.
The Position of Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Talent Management will serve as a credible expert and adviser to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team. This position will collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to advance our inclusion strategy and execute diversity initiatives. It’s critical that the ideal candidate has the ability to successfully influence and collaborate across the company -- at every level -- to help create a foundation of corporate and brand goals that support a vision of the future highlighted by an inclusive workplace. This is a unique opportunity to accelerate the transformation of DEI and to leverage a myriad of skills to enable a culture where all of our employees can grow and succeed.
You’ll report to: EVP, People
You’ll be responsible for:
- Monitoring external diversity best practices and making recommendations for new initiatives to ensure that Leaf Group enters the DEI space with a well thought-out plan
- Serving as a proactive critical advisor to CEO/EVP People on emerging internal/external issues to improve our position and communication strategies (enabling us to have a more proactive view)
- Coaching and mentoring leaders and human resources on DEI issues and trends to advance everyone’s capability to own and lead in an environment where DEI is integral to our corporate culture. Influence through educating and serving as a consultative change agent for the organization
- Overseeing Talent Acquisition by hiring effectively for the company while keeping a focus on equitable talent acquisition practices and growing the Talent Acquisition team
- Reporting and analyzing talent acquisition trends and processes and reporting to the executive team
- Evaluating and ensuring that our People Policies and Practices are consistent with our DEI strategy
- Supporting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to advance a diverse and inclusive community through the latest best practices
- Collaborating with HR Business Partners to embed DEI strategies into all programs and activities
- Designing and implementing change initiatives that foster a culture of inclusion and drive engagement while cultivating an environment for local and employee-led efforts
- Developing a common taxonomy and approach to DEI that gives us a cohesive way to connect to our employees, partners, and audiences
Responsibilities to advise, influence, and advance:
- Establish effective working relationships with business management teams; provide guidance to management on successful diversity & inclusion talent opportunities and commitments aligned to business goals
- Create a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Develop key external partnerships to create access to diverse talent today and in the future through long term partnerships (Philanthropic organizations, STEM schools)
- Partner with the HR team to develop dashboards and methodologies for analyzing metrics to measure the effectiveness of the diversity and inclusion strategy
- Advise & collaborate with key stakeholders, Corporate Communications, and Marketing to enhance internal and external branding
You’ll be successful if you have the following attributes:
- Analytical Horsepower – a fast learner and decisive leader with a quick mind, sound judgment, and excellent problem solving / critical thinking skills. Intellectually curious and data-driven
- Sense of Urgency – possesses a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and team management in order to achieve best in class results
- Natural Leader with Strong Executive Presence – positive and dynamic management style, combined with superior communication skills and high credibility; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix; ability to interface with Senior Leadership team effectively; comfortable with broad and frank discussions; ability to coach and mentor across the organization
- Proven Change Management Skills – the ability to influence and drive initiatives across functions, levels, and regions; tough-minded with the courage of conviction, yet collaborative and professional
- Business Acumen and Detail Oriented – able to contribute strategically to the broader needs and goals of the business, as well as the ability to drive superior performance.
- Execution and Solutions-Oriented – able to marshal resources and convey a clear vision across an enterprise in order to meet or exceed objectives; a self-starter, able to perform within challenging and/or ambiguous environments and situations
What you have:
What matters most for this role is what you have done, your achievements, and the experience you’ve gained in your career. We are looking for a combination of 10+ years of Human Resources/Talent Management and/or DEI experience with a history of working in a fast pace, or hyper-growth company environment (i.e. needs to understand large to mid-size and complex organizations).
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Advanced education a plus or equivalent
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.