Training and Development Manager
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Training Lead eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Training Lead is responsible for developing training content and delivering product, process, and system training to both new and tenured Science 37 squad members and external parties, e.g., mobile nurses, investigators, study participants, and study sponsors. The Training Lead will produce instructional materials and lead both in-person and remote classroom sessions on a variety of topics, e.g., clinical research study conduct, federal regulations governing research, study protocols and study execution, and use of Network Oriented Research Assistant (NORA®), our proprietary software. In addition, they will develop a strategy to evaluate effectiveness of training materials and activities. The ideal candidate stays current on learning and development research and possesses strong public speaking and facilitation skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learning and teaching how Science 37 conducts clinical research studies
- Achieving and maintaining expert level knowledge of the NORA® user interface from different user types (e.g., clinical research coordinator vs. study participant)
- Working with subject matter experts and instructional designers to develop training materials, including presentations, job aides, tutorials, resources, etc.
- Working with the Clinical Data Management Team to develop NORA® instructional resources
- Working with Clinical Operations Project Managers and Clinical Research Coordinators to design and deliver study-specific training to study teams
- Working with Medical Affairs subject matter experts to create therapeutic area e-learning
- Scheduling training programs and ensuring set up of logistics
- Leading live in-classroom and virtual/remote training sessions
- Creating and administering tests/quizzes/assessments to evaluate learning
- Collecting and analyzing survey data to evaluate learner experience and identify improvements
- Managing and developing project plans and timelines
- Organizing and maintaining a database of training materials
- Working with the Director of Instructional Technology to convert instruction-led presentations to e-learning
- Supporting additional training content development and delivery, as needed
- Performing other duties and responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous experience leading and/or delivering training programs in the healthcare or life sciences industries
- 5-10 years experience in clinical research preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical data management systems preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent/expert technical aptitude
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Possession of a high level of patience and flexibility
- Passion for teaching and training others
- Interest in learning clinical research conduct, federal regulations, and various therapeutic areas
- Excellent computer skills, specifically proficiency in MS Office suite and Google applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to mentor and demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and ability to perform under pressure in a calm and professional manner
- Expert ability in creating presentations and training materials
- Ability to practice professionalism and integrity in all actions—demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to successfully work in a decentralized team environment
- Strong situational, responsive decision-making.
- Strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement goals
- Strong project management skills with ability to oversee multiple projects
- Possession of strong initiative as well as excellent management, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Effective communication and influence skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!