Are you highly skilled at finding the best and the brightest talent? Do you want to join a Product-centric company that celebrates diversity and encourages you to keep reaching to do your best work? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment that values an exceptional candidate experience, and a high talent bar, this may be the position for you!
About the Position:
As a member of the Recruiting team, you'll develop strong relationships to understand ChowNow’s continually evolving Engineering and Product organizations. You will own the hiring efforts for Software Engineer's (Backend & Front-End, QA, DevOps), Product Manager, and other specialized roles within our tech org. You'll develop creative recruiting strategies and be a consultant to hiring managers and senior leaders, along with a focus on proactive networking, diversity hiring, and innovative approaches to passive candidate engagement.
ChowNow values the Recruiting team as business partners and our hiring managers take hiring very seriously, so you will have immense support from our team while having high visibility to leaders across the organization. Our hiring philosophy is focused on collaboration and diversity, and you’ll be at the helm of our company’s strategic efforts in developing new and innovative products that support our mission to help local restaurants thrive.
Reports to Senior Director of Recruiting, No Direct Reports.
This is a 3-6 month engagement with the opportunity to transition to full-time based on performance in the role.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a keen eye for exceptional Engineering and Product talent.
- You have proven experience in full-cycle Technical Recruiting.
- You value diversity and take pride in working for a culture where everyone’s voice counts.
- You have a creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent.
- You have prior experience extending offers and closing candidates and are able to manage several requisitions at once.
- You take a partnership approach to working with engaged hiring managers.
- You’re comfortable leading, providing feedback, and driving these relationships forward to help ChowNow achieve our hiring goals.
- You have a desire to deliver excellence while providing an exceptional candidate experience.
- You can exhibit a high level of autonomy -- We hire people we trust, and we give team members freedom to do their best work.
Temporary Employee Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description