Talent Partner (HRBP)
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Riot’s Talent Discipline has a shared identity of caring deeply about the player experience - it’s our mission to build a work environment where Rioters can do their best work for players. We demonstrate our craft knowledge in the human resources field, whether it is sourcing, hiring, performance management, total rewards, or learning and development to support Riot Games. That's where you come in.
As Talent Partners, we do not act as a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus our energy on business needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisors, with a specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in Talent at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are. We reimagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they deeply resonate with our gamer workforce.
As a Talent Partner, you’ll bring a broad range of knowledge to the teams and initiatives you’re embedded on. You'll also be the go-to resource on all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to Total Rewards to creating organizational design. Often called a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) at other companies, you’ll get your hands dirty as you work closely with product and discipline leaders to cultivate talent programs that’ll help Rioters thrive. You’ll help drive aligned, data-informed talent decisions by acting as a strategist, coach, culture evangelist, talent steward, and designer/deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results. You will dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters throughout the company, and you will introduce carefully crafted programs and processes to ensure programs work for Rioters instead of the other way round.
Applicable Skills & Responsibilities
- Influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve key business results
- Demonstrates coaching, mentoring, and consultative skills in guiding others through complex organizational issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, and investigations such as sexual harassment
- Ability to regularly context shift in a heavily matrixed environment
- Strong business and HR acumen, as well as strong frameworks in problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - taking care of issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in a HR generalist/business partner/manager role with demonstrated progression, 2+ years leading and developing people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).