Sr. Talent Partner at Bird
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:58 p.m. (PST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Sr. Talent Partner, you will work alongside senior business leaders to unlock the potential of our employees and teams. You will be a unifier, an employee champion, and a trusted partner. You will not only serve as a consultant to managers and leaders on people related issues, but will also develop strategically integrated solutions to a variety of complex business challenges.
- Build relationships with multi-functional senior leaders to optimize team performance and engagement
- Partner with senior leaders and provide guidance in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, legal risk mitigation/compliance, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Talent team to develop solutions, programs and policies that support business and employee growth
- Navigate complex employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success; proactively follow up to ensure training objectives are met
- Analyze problems and deliver solutions where precedent may not exist (and build roadmaps where they don’t yet exist)
- Be an advisor to organizational design and large-scale change initiatives
- Fully own and maintain accountability for organizational people strategy
- Flex seamlessly between Lead and Individual Contributor on multiple product and project teams, adding ‘off-title’ value in a thoughtful, prioritized way
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience – graduate degrees (MBA, MHRM) certainly don’t hurt
- 8+ years of HR Business Partner or generalist experience directly supporting senior leaders at high-growth companies
- A combination of HR experience (with specific areas of depth) in the following areas: succession planning, performance management, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture, engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations
- Experience conducting informal (and formal if appropriate) listening exercises to determine Talent priorities for your client group
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a product/project team within the Talent space (ideally one you identified the need for yourself)
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and influence with and without positional authority
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily exist
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves and proactively learn, at their core, how businesses operate
- Passion for our mission - we’re working on an exciting, challenging, never before solved problem, and we’re looking for people as excited about that as we are.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description