AuditBoard is a high-growth SaaS company in the financial technology space that is transforming the way organizations manage critical risk, audit and compliance initiatives. We believe in empowering enterprises to manage and control risk so that their businesses are able to thrive.
Designed by former chief audit executives, our enterprise cloud platform is purpose-built to automate and streamline activities in ways that align with how our thousands of users think and act daily. Clients range from pre-IPO organizations to Fortune 5,000 companies, including organizations such as Lululemon Athletica, WeWork, Activision Publishing, Lionsgate Entertainment Corp., TripAdvisor, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., Intel, and Snap, among many others.What We Are Looking For
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be a key member of a high-performing team and will play an integral role in building out a world-class payroll system. The right candidate for this position will be an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, and the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. The candidate will flourish in a “hands-on role”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly multi-state payroll for US exempt and non-exempt employees
- Stay up to date and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll for the following processes: base pay, time entry and overtime calculations, leave of absence and sick leave, health and welfare, statutory and supplemental benefits, payroll taxes, imputed income, W2's, and equity compensation.
- Perform timely and accurate month-end close process, including account reconciliations and accruals
- Management of payroll-related projects including year-end preparation, maintain payroll documentation, resolve payroll tax issues and support annual audits
- Act as a key business partner with our HRIS team and our external service providers (including 401(k), Benefits, etc.)
- Complete end-to-end root-cause analysis on payroll issues as needed.
- Drive process improvement projects to streamline and automate manual workflows
- Partner closely with our internal partners to provide our employees with a first-class onboarding and payroll experience
- Prepare financial reports for accounting and audit purposes
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience with Paylocity is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Tax / Accounting (or similar field) preferred
- 5+ years of functional experience with payroll processing and solid accounting skills
- Intermediate/Advanced with Excel and Google products
- Knowledge in labor and payroll tax laws and regulations
- Knowledge and experience with stock options
- Strong communication skills, written/verbal, and the ability to interact with employees at all levels, including upper management
- International payroll experience is preferred but not required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus
- You’ll be launching a career at a well-funded, hyper-growth SaaS tech company
- Free daily catered lunches
- Stock options
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and 10 holidays per year
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings - Work Hard Play Hard!