Senior Manager, Talent Development at Headspace
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Partner with the Head of Talent, Learning & Development to develop the ongoing Learning & Talent Development strategy for Headspace.
- Conduct Learning needs analysis with people leaders across the org in partnership with our People Business Partners
- Act as coach, trusted advisor and expert on matters related to Learning & Talent Development.
- Help to build a strong population of new and experienced people leaders that will improve decision-making, increase empowerment and elevate engagement within the broader employee population.
- Identify, develop and implement training that will enable employees to maximize their personal effectiveness; teaching them new ways of approaching problem solving and interpersonal dynamics.
- Foster an environment where conversations around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are frequent and impactful; develop and incentivize norms and behaviors that promote DEI across our employee base; working with Talent team to expand our candidate community outreach efforts.
- Work with external partners, coaches and trainers to deliver training for our team as needed; Tracking budgets and negotiating contracts when required.
- Maintain creative ways to deliver e-learning in order to build out a continuous culture of learning at Headspace.
- Evolve and manage our internal Learning resources / tools; keeping these up to date with engaging and relevant materials.
- Plan and manage Performance Cycles, and support related initiatives that will foster a strong culture of feedback for the entire organization and inform our Talent Review process.
- Review & assess the success of learning & development programs and initiatives to validate and optimize their impact, and ensure that employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Ensure all our Talent Development experiences reflect our Headspace values; incorporating mindfulness and meditation where appropriate and possible.
- Display credible expertise and maximize impact by tying (behavioral) science to our learning approach, materials and practices.
- Maintain a playful and engaging approach to training (as we do in our product).
What you’ve accomplished:
- Have a clear and contagious passion for helping people learn and grow.
- 4-5 years (+) of experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Experience in project management and budgeting.
- Proficient in GSuite and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors.
- BS/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and rapid changes.
- Strong collaboration skills to help teams achieve their goals and ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.