Senior Manager, People Operations at Inspire
Inspire’s People team is seeking a Senior Manager, People Operations who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our People Team is tightly-knit, constantly collaborating and supporting each other to make Inspire a premiere people-focused company to work for (and we are doing pretty darn well so far!).
As a People Operations Manager at Inspire, you will be the expert of your domain. You will create and scale the foundational systems, policies and processes required to enable a world class employee experience. You'll come in with fresh eyes and have the opportunity to build the People Operations function that runs like a dream. Don't expect to hear phrases like, "But we've always done it this way..." No, if you have a better way, we want to see it!
THE SENIOR MANAGER, PEOPLE OPERATIONS HAS SEVEN MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Policy and Compliance Expert - create and maintain employee policies, taking a modern, innovative approach to balance employee experience with legal requirements. Be the first point of contact for all employment law questions. Maintain relationships with outside counsel to stay ahead of changes to legal compliance laws.
- System and Process Optimization - maintain all people technology tools and identify opportunities to increase data flow, automation, and efficiency to allow Inspire to scale rapidly.
- Employee Record Keeping - maintain up to date employment records and proactively improve key documentation to stay ahead of legal changes. Process background checks for all roles as required by regulatory
- Employee Wellness - partner with our broker to design and implement a mission-driven benefits program. Be the point of contact for new and existing Avengers with medical concerns requiring Inspire support or accommodation. Identify vendor relationships to support overall employee wellness.
- Compensation - Partner with Talent Management to create and maintain a well run quarterly compensation and promotion review process. Ensure Talent Acquisition has up to date information about market compensation.
- Engagement Survey - Create and maintain an employee survey tool to monitor the employee experience vs. our intended design and lead post-survey activations.
- Diversity & Inclusion - Be the people team thought leader on the topic of D&I by staying on top of best practices, recommending new strategies, and partnering with people functions to implement changes in a timely manner.
SOME 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Core Document Review: Evaluate existing employee onboarding and offboarding paperwork and recommend improvements to customize for our business model.
- Core Policy Handbook: Create and implement Inspire’s first customized policy handbook, find creative ways to balance legally required language with our brand voice. Create policies that allow Inspire to compete for talent with best in class people organizations.
- HRIS: Lead RFP to identify a best in class HRIS System to support our growing business.
- Benefits and 401K: Partner with Payroll to oversee benefits programs, open enrollment and wellness.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Research best in class diversity and inclusion practices and create a comprehensive strategy to implement across the people function including hiring, learning, performance management, compensation, and community events strategy.
- HR Dashboard: Create and maintain a people analytics dashboard to measure the employee experience and our improvements over time.
- Security and Privacy: Partner with our Information Technology team to review standard practices against security and privacy best practices, and implement improvements.
- Employee Engagement Questions related to: Benefits & Pay
- Cost of HR per Employee
- Benefit Investment Efficiency
- EEOC Metrics
- Pay Equity
- Resilience (when I get knocked down, I come back stronger)
- Internal locus of control (I am responsible for what happens to me)
- Values Partnership (I can’t do this alone)
- Honesty/Transparency/Directness (I can speak my mind, even when it’s hard)
- Regulate Emotions (I can shake off a “loss” quickly)
- Optimism/Persistence/Action Oriented (I take risks, and move with speed because I believe I’ll win)
- Feedback Seeking (I know I’m not perfect, I want to know how I can get better)
- Motivation to Build (I want to be part of something big)
- Raw Intelligence (I can quickly master new concepts)
- Must Have
- 10+ years experience supporting at least 200+ employees, ideally across multiple offices.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in building and implementing HR systems and practices
- 3+ years experience managing compensation
- 3+ years experience with employee engagement surveys
- Exposure to at least one full cycle of a benefits design process
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Nice to Have
- Has worked in a company that has actively addressed Diversity and Inclusion issues across the HR function (though may not have directly participated in development)