Senior Manager, People Operations
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Create and maintain employee policies, taking a modern, innovative approach to balance employee experience with legal requirements. Maintain relationships with outside counsel to stay ahead of changes to legal compliance laws. Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming changes to employment laws and best practices.
- System and Process Optimization - maintain all people technology tools, specifically Ultipro, and identify opportunities to increase data flow, automation, and efficiency to allow smarter people discussions, decisions and business planning.
- Responsible for compensation philosophy in partnership with the VP People. The VP people will be the owner however there will be an expectation that the Senior Manager, People Ops will provide insights, benchmarks and innovative perspective to ensure that we have a fair and scalable system to support our business and employees.
- Improve key documentation to stay ahead of legal changes.
- innovate on ways to create and track employee records which include compensation, performance data and key people reporting infrastructure in Ultipro, as well as providing subject matter expertise.
- Partner with our benefits brokers to ensure we’re continuously delivering on a mission-driven benefits program. Identify vendor relationships to support overall employee wellness.
- Partner with finance and our people business partners to define and maintain a well run bi-annual compensation and promotion review process. Specifically around identifying systems and process for tracking, forecasting and reviewing.
- Develop & maintain audit-proof workflows for change requests and approvals.
- Create and maintain a people analytics dashboard as well as reporting to key stakeholders on a monthly basis. Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of core HR processes and responsibilities across employee life-cycle activities such as benefits administration, compliance / policy management, compensation, immigration, and 401k administration.
- Payroll management - Manage the payroll team and lead the bi-weekly payroll process, ensuring accuracy, and reporting on performance relative to budget. Lead and oversee regional payroll strategy in the Americas and international expansion.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 7+ years of HR experience including 3+ years of management experience. Preferably in the tech industry.
- Experience supporting at least 200+ employees, including international offices.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in building and implementing HR systems and practices
- 3+ years experience managing compensation
- Exposure to at least one full cycle of a benefits design process
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws
- Ultipro experience within the last 2 years.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable as a "hands-on" manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Extraordinary attention to detail