Senior Manager, Human Resources - Engineering
Greater LA Area
Reporting to the Head of People, the Sr. Manager, Human Resources is responsible for supporting a fast growing engineering department from an employee relations and strategic business partner perspective. In this role, you will be the point person for the engineering leaders and team.
- Partner with the CTO and senior leaders to provide guidance in the following areas: career planning, performance management, training, legal risk mitigation, compliance, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, organizational structure and strategic development
- Analyze trends and data to provide meaningful metrics
- Partner with the Talent team to develop processes, programs and policies that support business and employee growth within the engineering department
- Advise and train managers on how to effectively handle employee complaints and issues correctly
- Provide performance management guidance to managers
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner or HR Generalist experience directly supporting senior engineering leaders at a high-growth tech company or start-up
- Experience in the following areas: succession planning, performance management, compensation, recognition programs, culture, engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, and employee relations
- Experience with a growing engineering organization at a mature startup
- Ability to manage and resolve sensitive employee relations issues balancing employee experience and the business effectively
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a startup culture - comfortable with a fast paced, autonomous and unstructured environment
- Strong analytical and data skills using Excel
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description