Senior Manager, Global Compensation at BlackLine (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Senior Manager, Global Compensation is responsible for the management of global compensation programs that attract and retain talent, drive business outcomes, and rewards employees.
The incumbent partners with and advises People Business Partners and Business Leaders on compensation philosophies, programs, policies and practices. The role provides guidance and tools to effectively meet human capital and financial objectives for the organization while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws.
You'll Get To:
- Managing the annual compensation planning process which includes the development and completion of compensation reviews and recommendations related to merit, incentives, promotions, and equity.
- Managing Blackline's global compensation structure development, base pay programs, and recommending annual salary budgets and providing cost analyses.
- Leading the gathering of insights on competitive pay levels and practices to determine Blackline's global competitive position in each country we operate. Develop and update quantitative models and formulate recommendations and updates to the compensation structure.
- Partnering and collaborating with business leaders and HR Business Partners on compensation philosophies, programs, policies and practices. Developing solutions for compensation-related issues.
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition in developing competitive compensation offers for new hires; collecting, analyzing and communicating data on benchmark positions, salary planning budget, and incentives.
- Partnering with Blackline's HR Technology team to ensure the compensation program is effectively implemented and managed.
- Creating meaningful content and marketing strategies to effectively communicate compensation plans, policies, and practices to the People team, managers, and employees.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of internal and external market compensation practices and trends on various topics, including pay and demand trends, organization design approaches, role definition, pay for performance, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, provincial, and local regulations. Maintaining an awareness of regulatory changes and the potential impact of those changes on current and future compensation requirements.
- Supporting the design and development of executive compensation programs, including long-term equity awards, compensation committee materials and stock-plan administration.
What You'll Bring:
- Years of Experience in Related Field: 5 plus years of increasingly responsible experience in global broad-based compensation.
Education: BS/BA degree in Finance, Human Resources, or a related field required. MBA preferred.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant experience working with HR technology, data interfaces, and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply Federal and Multi-State laws and regulations relating to compensation including FLSA.
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Progressive thinker with a flexible, can-do, team-oriented approach.
- Effectively able to navigate through ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, project management, and process management skills.
- Exposure to executive compensation
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors
- Experience in technology industry a plus
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
BlackLine recognizes that the ways we work and the workplace itself has shifted. We innovate in a workplace that optimizes a combination of virtual and in-person interactions to maximize collaboration and nurture our culture. Candidates who live within a reasonable commute to one of our offices will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
USD $128,700.00/Yr. - USD $182,800.00/Yr.
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.