Senior Human Resources Manager at Wpromote
Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Forever 21, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions once a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Unlimited PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Yogurt Wednesdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
Our People Operations team is looking for a Senior Manager to join us in our Los Angeles office. We are scaling fast and seeking an exceptional, strategic People Operations business partner, to be part of an awesome team and organization.
The ideal candidate is a team player with a sense of ownership and a “make it happen” demeanor. They are up for any challenge and are able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment. This individual will operate as a trusted advisor and will have a direct impact in delivering People solutions to reach our agencies strategic operational goals.
You Will Be
- Serving as a talent partner by helping to create supportive and innovative People programs to suit our team and employee initiatives
- Looking to make a positive impact fast and have a proven ability to work effectively at scale
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization and be comfortable supporting executive-level leaders
- Understanding the business and team’s capabilities in a deep way to enable more customized and actionable recommendations and decisions
- Partnering with leadership to help drive and accomplish team goals through better people decisions and programs
- Monitoring the organization’s culture to ensure alignment with our core values
- Providing coaching to management and employees to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organizational changes and business plans
- Implementing human resource policies in compliance with legal regulations
- Helping to maintain and grow the presence and effectiveness of our People Operations team
- Embracing change and be able to guide employees through changes
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrating success in managing complex projects, stakeholders and deliverables
- Beyond excited to share your skills with your team, as well as learn from them
You Must Have
- A Bachelor’s degree, and 5+ years of relevant experience in Human Resources within a digital marketing agency, advertising agency or media agency
- Extensive and demonstrated generalist experience in areas such as: employee relations, employee engagement, onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, employee communications, organizational development, training, coaching and compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Experience managing leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA), compensation planning, and onboarding and offboarding employees
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of autonomy to balance and prioritize multiple competing responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of best in class People practices, closely partnering with business leaders, driving collaboration and implementing change projects
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, including supporting executive-level leaders