Universal Music Group is in an exciting stage of growth and evolution in our ongoing commitment to artistry innovation and entrepreneurship. Bringing to life the creative vision of our artists and songwriters and then bringing their music to the world drives our success. Our Santa Monica location, is home to come of the most iconic and influential labels & brands in music. Come join our expanding Human Resources team in Santa Monica and be part of a dynamic team fueled by creativity, innovation and authenticity.
- Builds, develops and maintain strong collaborative, consultative working relationships with management and employees across multiple business units to deliver value-added HR services.
- Addresses employee concerns and manages employee relations issues; counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Coaches and counsels employees on performance, career development and advancement.
- Partners with talent acquisition in coordination with hiring managers and recruiters including creation and editing of job descriptions, advising on compensation, interviewing and advising on selection.
- Facilitates effective on boarding and exit processes.
- Facilitates salary/bonus planning processes.
- Plans and manages program roll outs with internal specialist partners including talent management, Learning and Organizational development, comp and benefits.
- Develops and executes business specific projects with a focus on business goals
- Develops and executes strategies to meet client needs for HR services/programs
- Understanding of, and experience with, all core areas of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management, compensation, compliance)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skill in handling a variety of employee relations matters
- Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Sense of urgency – motivated/energetic/enthusiastic – dedicated and loyal
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to high standard of professional conduct
- Minimum 5 years of prior Human Resources Generalist experience with increasing responsibility
- Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, fashion, television, advertising, etc.) is a plus
- HRIS experience, PeopleSoft/Oracle and/or Workday experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a relevant field with HR related coursework
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.